On Thursday, Chrissie and I had been into town together in the morning and on the way home we were talking about the logistics of going running again, and it wasn't looking promising with time and childcare. So we came up the genius plan that we would take the babies with us and do as much as we could. Thursday was a boiling hot day, (or at least it felt like it whilst running with a pram!) and we were due to run for 28 minutes. Set an alarm for 14 minutes and we set off. It was so much harder and I reckon it had a lot to do with not being able to use your arms to help pump. Kept having to remind myself to loosen my shoulders so I was pushing with my body not just my arms. We had to stop and walk a few times, but I am still proud of us, as we ran further than we ever did to start with and when we did stop it wasn't for very long...and Chrissie also challenged me to a race at the end which definitely finished me off! We had lots of comments while were out, I guess seeing two mums running with pushchairs and not trying to catch a bus, must be an unusual sight! Well done Chrissie...but definitely making sure I have a baby sitter for the next one!
No comments:
Post a Comment