Saturday, 6 July 2013

Time to race for life!

So the time has come for the race for life tomorrow... 5k around sheepmount/bitts park. Now it has come to my attention since we've started running that in the running world, 5k is generally seen as a short leisurely warm up run, a distance for when you're short on time but want to get out running anyway. So I feel I need to stress the point again...this has taken 3 months of training, a lot of red,sweaty faces, some injuries, some frustration but mainly a sense of achievement. When we started out I struggled to 'run' (I use the term 'run' very lightly, as it was definitely not much faster than walking pace at the beginning and its not a great deal faster now!)for 1minute, the thought of running for 5 worried me, and now we are running more than half an hour! This is genuinely the most I have ever run in my life and I'm proud of myself and of Chrissie, Fi, and Helena...we stuck with it and we are finally putting our training to use! So the last time I blogged I had reached 4.7k in half an hour. Since then I have been going to an event called Parkrun, which is a free 5k run every Saturday morning, which is timed and results are logged and published later that day. Its a great event and they regularly get over 100 people turning up to take part. It was on one of these that I have got my current PB for 5k...30.59! Which means it has come right down to the day to see if I can make it in less than 30 minutes and with the weather forecast saying tomorrow will be hot, hot, hot...a challenge it will be! Check back tomorrow for the results! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment