Thursday, 29 July 2010

Here's to new beginnings...



Well, I've tried several times to start this blogging thing and failed...I was gonna start with a write up of our anniversary roadtrip...but there was so much that happened, it became a looooooong and tedious task...so I'll stick with the scrap book and photos for that story.


So this is where I'm at right now...I've been working as an admin assistant at a primary school in Carlisle, covering maternity leave (which has now finished :( ) and LOVED it! Loved the people, loved the kids, loved the job...even the tedious photocopying didn't seem like a chore. I've never had that in a job before and it was a great experience. However, I was also running 3 after-school clubs at various places, plus afternoon sessions at another school in Penrith every Monday. On top of that I was doing up to 7 singing lessons a week in the evenings...which meant my days usually started with admin at 8.30am and finished with singing lessons at 8pm with everything else in between. Unsurprisingly...I got very tired and depressed, lost my patience with the kids I was teaching and dreaded every session/lesson I had to lead...which is rubbish cause this is what I wanted to do when I left uni!

So now the summer holidays are here and I've STOPPED!...and boy does it feel good!I thought I would want to lie in bed til midday and lounge around doing nothing...but I quite like getting out of bed knowing that I can choose what I do with my day. I've gone back to being the 1940s housewife I enjoyed being before all this craziness started! I'm baking bread, sewing things (if my machine stops breaking!) even tidying and not hating it! It's strange! Dan keeps telling me I'm allowed to have a lie in and do nothing...but for some reason...I don't want to. I feel good when I have a productive day doing the things that I want to do. How do we pay the bills I hear you say?...
Well we've yet to figure out our finances for the next few months, but I'm now printing clothing for anyone and everyone who wants it...so with a bit of promotion hopefully that'll bring in some work and as of September I'll be doing a few after-school clubs and some work at Longtown community centre too...so I think we'll be ok!
But more exciting than all that...we're definitely going and doing a full snowboarding season!!! Yay! CV's have been updated and sent to several chalet's in Morzine, France (our desired location) and the waiting game begins....I'll be updating soon hopefully with how it's all going!
But for now...I AM going to have a lazy day...after all...it is my birthday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment